Do you believe in unicorns? Flying saucers? Kids that don’t like Oreo cookies? If you answered yes to any of the above, you clearly believe in alternate realities and not worldly facts.
I’ve never understood how kids love oreos so much, much less chocolate flavored ones but my son can probably live off packets of oreos for days if given a choice. So I wasn’t surprised when he recently asked me to make something with oreo cookies.
We tried these simple oreo fudge bars today and while they are on the sweeter side, they still turned out nice and crunchy.
You can even replace the oreo biscuits with marie or any nuts of your choice for a slight variation.
No-Bake Oreo Fudge Bars
- 1 ½ cup Chocolate Chips/Chocolate Chunks
- 2 tbsp Butter
- 200 gms (½ of a tin) Condensed Milk
- 7 cookies Oreo Cookies (cut into quarters)
- Line a 7 inch pan with foil paper in a way that the foil covers the sides plus hangs a little above for you to pull it out with the fudge once it sets.
- In a microwave safe bowl, place the chocolate, butter and condensed milk and heat it for about 1 minutes. Stop and stir. Continue to heat in 15 second intervals, for another 30-60 seconds till the chocolate melts completely.
- Stir in a pinch of salt, and the broken oreo pieces. Reserve a few to put on top.
- Immediately transfer to the prepared pan.
- Chill until firm – 1-2 hours in the fridge.
- Cut in squares and store upto 10 days in the fridge.