This apple crumble ranks amongst my favorite desserts to make because it’s quick, needs simple pantry ingredients, and mostly, because everybody in my family loves it – from my fussy 4 year old child to my dessert-hater husband.
While I’ve made it several times in the past, I tried making it with Vansh for the first time today. If there’s one thing i’ve realized while baking with kids is that they don’t just like to be told, they like to “do things.” My son wants to measure, mix, whisk and do everything by himself. So this time, other than cutting the apples, I let him do everything on his own. Since this is a crumble, we could be a little rough with the measurements without compromising on the outcome.
The smells coming from your oven while the crumble baking is so wonderful, it’ll be a challenge for you to not stand around waiting for it to be done.
Easiest Apple Crumble
- 1 Apple
- 4 tbsp All-purpose Flour
- 3 tbsp Sugar
- 2 tbsp Butter
- 1 tbsp Oats
- 3 tsp Walnuts
- ½ tsp Cinnamon Powder
- Pre-heat the oven to 180 degree C.
- To make the filling – Peel and chop the apples. Sprinkle the sugar and cinnamon over the apples
- Divide the apples into 2 ramekins or in any single-serve oven-safe bowls. Press tightly.
- To make the streusel – in a medium sized bowl, melt the butter, and add the sugar and the flour. Using a fork or the tips of your fingers, mix together till it looks like a loose dough. Add the oats and walnuts if you’re using.
- Add this streusel over the apples in the two ramekins.
- Bake for 32-35 minutes or until the top becomes golden-brown.
- Serve warm with vanilla ice-cream.
- Be careful while handling the hot ramekins.
- You can easily double or triple the quantities to make a bigger portion.
- While individual servings are convenient, if you want, you can use a bigger bowl and bake it together.