Moist and flavorful, these eggless coconut & jam cupcakes are a coconut lovers’ dream come true!
Coconut is amongst my favourite ingredients to use in baking. It goes amazingly in everything from cakes to puddings to this most popular eggless coconut cookie recipe I shared not so long back.
These eggless coconut and jam cupcakes capture my love for coconut in all its glory! It’s delicate yet flavorful, soft and moist yet super easy to make. The addition of jam just makes the even more irresistible and provides a contrast in flavors.
What Jam to Use?
I like to use raspberry jam for the same but any other flavors such as strawberry, blueberry, black currant, etc can be substituted. While I make my own raspberry jam with frozen fruit, I’ve made these cupcakes with store-brought mixed fruit jam too and while fresh has its own charm, the packaged jam does a decent job too.
Can Jam be skipped?
Yes, if you want to make simple coconut cupcakes without the jam, you could just skip it completely with no other changes to the recipe.
All about the Coconut
Dessicated Coconut is my choice to use in the cake batter. It is basically dried coconut that has been shredded into a really fine powder. It also goes by the name of coconut flour or coconut powder in some places.
If that is not easily available, you could also use dried coconut flakes instead. Although fresh coconut will not work in this recipe. And that’s next on my list of things to do – a tender coconut cake!
Each time I share a cupcake recipe, I get questions on whether it can be made into a larger cake instead. So let me clarify here – a cupcake is nothing but a smaller version of a cake. So yes, most (almost all!) cupcake recipes can be made into a larger pan to make a single cake. The correct pan size for this recipe would be a 6 or 7 inch round.
Best way to serve?
These cupcakes are best had with the most delicious white chocolate ganache frosting ever! Although they taste pretty good by themselves, this frosting really takes it up a notch. And it’s literally just 3 ingredients!! If you do the frosting, you have to ideally let the cupcakes sit in the fridge for atleast an hour to let the frosting become stable.
I also like to use toasted coconut chips to garnish these eggless coconut & jam cupcakes. These are store-brought and available on amazon or some local stores too. Or you could just sprinkle more dessicated coconut on top or even use fresh berries to garnish!
With or without frosting, place any remaining cupcakes in a closed box and refrigerate to store them for upto 1 week. If you don’t frost them, you can place them outside for upto 24 hours.
Before you try this recipe, watch this reel of the cupcakes being frosted –>
If you enjoy moist and flavourful cakes, also check out these other eggless recipes on my blog
Eggless Coconut and Jam Cupcakes
For the Cupcakes
- 1 cup All-purpose Flour (140g)
- 1 cup Dessicated Coconut (100g)
- 1.5 tsp Baking Powder
- ¼ tsp Baking Soda
- ¾ cup Milk (180 ml)
- ⅓ cup Oil (80 ml)
- ¾ cup Castor Sugar (150g)
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 3-4 tbsp Raspberry or any Jam of your choice
For the Frosting
- White Chocolate (60g)
- 2 tbsp Fresh Cream (30g)
- ½ cup Whipping Cream (120g)
- Pre-heat the oven to 180 degree C. Line a cupcake pan with paper liners or grease well.
- In a large bowl, mix together all the dry ingredients – flour, coconut, baking powder and baking soda.
- To this, add the oil, sugar, vanilla extract and milk and make a smooth batter.
- Pour the batter into the prepared cupcake liners/pan in a way so as to fill only 1/2 of the height of each cavity.
- Now add 2 tsp jam per cupcake and using a toothpick, swirl it with the batter.
- Bake at 170 degree C for 18-22 minutes or until a skewer comes out clean.
For the Frosting
- In a heat-proof bowl, melt together the fresh cream and white chocolate till you have a smooth ganache. Let the mixture cool.
- Meanwhile, whip the whipped cream to stiff peaks.
- Gently fold the whipped cream into the prepared ganache, taking care not to deflate it.
- Pipe on top of the cooled cupcakes.
- For measurement conversions to grams and ml, refer the conversion guide here – Measurements Conversion Guide
Thanks For Sharing this Amazing Recipe. My Family Loved It. I will be sharing this Recipe with my Friends. Hope They will like it.
So glad to hear that your family loved it!! Thanks for your feedback
Great recipe, loved it!