This is a one-bowl recipe for chocolate cupcakes with fresh orange juice that is not overpoweringly sweet and is versatile as you can keep it simple or make it as fancy as you like with icing, toppings etc.
- ¾ cup All-Purpose Flour
- 2 tbsp Cocoa powder
- ½ tsp Baking soda
- ½ cup Caster Sugar
- ½ cup Orange juice
- 3 tbsp Oil
- Zest of half orange
- Line a cupcake pan or grease well.
- Pre-heat oven to 180 degree C.
- In a bowl, add the orange juice, oil, and sugar and whisk well.
- Using a sieve, directly add in the flour, cocoa powder, baking soda and orange zest. Using a whisk, mix everything well together.
- Pour the batter into the prepared pan. Top with chocolate chips or chopped nuts if you like.
- Bake for 20-22 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center of a cupcake comes out clean.